Well it’s been an amazing twenty-four hours

As we drove away from the Draney Theatre yesterday (now affectionately known as “The Draney”), my now wet shirt from perspiration due to yesterday’s performance seemed to appear to be the only indicator that anything had happened between this moment & our arrival at the theatre only a couple of hours before; whatever happened in between seemed to be some surreal blur, which I find myself attempting to clutch at for details, but which at present seems beyond me.

Being somewhat allergic to taking selfies, I felt compelled to capture myself here at the local café at midday the next day, finally showing signs of unwinding after

weeks of intense preparations. After an amazing performance yesterday from the members of the Ady Ensemble (I couldn’t have asked for much more from them), we decided to migrate to the Gap Tavern for some down time, & to unwind. Those of us present in the committee felt that we really didn’t want to let go of the moment: a performance that we had worked hard to put together over the last seven months, especially after the ensemble’s six year break from live performances (although we had kept ourselves busy during that time, filling it with recording sessions & sightreads).

My mind was still going at full speed for many hours after yesterday’s performance, & I found myself finally starting to feel the need for sleep at 2am in the morning, some ten hours after the end of the performance. It’s been a quiet morning, & it’s only now as I sit at the local cafe, almost twenty-four hours after yesterday’s performance, that I feel the mind starting to slow down, & the body beginning to feel heavy in equal proportion to the blankness filling my mind. It’s still going to take a while…maybe a couple of days. In the meantime I can feel a natural high beginning to take shape. This is very welcome & – & I say this with a great deal of humility – deserved.

Some things in life are worth waiting for, & yesterday was one of them. With the live performance drought for the Ady Ensemble now over – over which time it

also saw the group evolve from its earlier string ensemble roots into a full symphony orchestra – here’s to many more performances in the years ahead. My thanks again to all involved in yesterday’s performance – both onstage & working behind the scenes – who helped to bring to life this six year dream. Nagyon szépen köszönjük!